Saturday, January 28, 2012

When You've Finished Dessert....


...sometimes you get a bellyache!

One of the big finishes in 2011 was Chocolate Covered Cherries. My plan for a background grid of diagonal lines was perfect for this quilt, but it turned out to be a much more challenging finish than I had intended. It is one of my favorite finishes ever, which is good because I don't know if I would have finished it otherwise. I learned a lesson about thinking things through.  Melinda's blue tape method saved me a ton of marking, without it this quilt probably wouldn't have a stitch in it, even now.

In the end a traditional quilt with a lot of white was a great place to try it. I'm cured. I won't need to do this again any time soon. :)

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

This is a very pretty quilt and I don't think I would have tackled it you did good.