Monday, January 28, 2008

Am I Nuts?

I have decided to join in the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Insanity.

I have been enamored of this quilt since I saw it on someone's blog last year. I joined an Elm Creek Quilts group at my LQS and they had already decided to make the sampler as their 2008 project. It so happens that my bestest friend Melinda is leading the group, so it's sure to be fun at any rate.

I'm making my quilt by hand, in blue and white. I've got seven blocks completed. I'm trying to cut a few a week and have them ready for when I have time to stitch. Hopefully since it is a handwork project, I can make the most of my time. I'm finding I don't really care to sit behind my machine for hours. I've never hand pieced a quilt before, so I'm sure I'm in for a learning experience.

No comments: