Friday, October 31, 2008
Blush and Bashful
Last week I finally finished quilting Kay's pink and pink quilt Earlier this year I showed you how I photocopy sections of the quilt to determine what the quilting design should be. I used that same technique to figure out the quilting in the 9-patch sections as well as the borders. I'm having a hard time loving this quilt. It was quite challenging to piece, I made mistakes in my quilting, and in the end I'm not really satisfied with the color selection (although my daughter will LOVE it, which is all that matters) but the Mavens came over on Monday morning and really seemed to like it, so that helped a lot. Sometimes we need to see our work through other people's eyes.
I hope to find time during football watching this weekend (GO GATORS!) to at least cut, if not also apply the binding. If not it will have to be a Wednesday project I think. I am determined to have this quilt bound, labeled, wrapped and ready to put under the tree the day after Thanksgiving. It's been 21 months in the making. (Which means many months of lying in varying stages of doneness waiting for me to either get motivated to do more, or figure out what comes next.) It feels good to get such a significant UFO off the list of projects waiting to be loved. Kay hasn't seen this quilt since I've started quilting it. I can't wait to watch her unwrap it on Christmas morning.