The truth is that this recovery has been much more challenging than I really was ready for. The surgery went very well and the success was exactly where the doctors had hoped it would be. I expected that would mean that my healing would go quickly, too. I was naive. The drugs I have been taking have been rough. They specifically try to make the healing happen slowly and completely which I will be very grateful for as my life regathers but it's been challenging in the meantime. Today is my last day taking the steroids which means (hopefully) one more week of my body saying "why are you changing the dose amount" and then perhaps I can get on with getting better. That would be awfully nice!
|Melinda and I have taken a pic together every year, even this one!|
Also last week I had to move some things in my studio because there was a roof leak that was seeping through the ceiling in there. It was interesting, my strength lasted for about 15 minutes or so and then I would rest for anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours. Even so, over the course of several days I managed to make the room very livable which is great because I hope to start sewing again sometime as my strength improves! I even found two projects that need some help that I could do while not actually sewing. While sitting in the kitchen with Melinda and Lynda I managed to unsew a few seams. Not as much fun as sewing but the first sewing project I've turned to since 2012 started! I'll load up some pics of them when I get the chance.