Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Quick Check-in

It is too much for me to write at length right now, but I know many of you have been praying for me and I wanted to let you know that my surgery was very successful.   The surgeon got 99% of the tumor which is more than we had hoped for.  I am worn out, with low energy and stamina but I'm going to be fine.  The recovery from this surgery is very different than the biopsy in January.  I hope to improve much quicker.  I wish I could sleep more but I'm good for a couple of hours at a time.  I'll get better, I'm sure.

Thank you very much for giving me so much support and encouragement.  The cards, notes, books, hearts, and all kinds of other goodies have made me smile.  I can't wait to get home and hug my daughter, hopefully that will happen tomorrow or the day after.

I have thanked God for each of you who have carried my name, I promise you, your prayers have been incredibly effective.  Thank you again and again.

6 comments:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Dear Danielle, I have not been in the blogging world for several months and am just now reading your amazing story. I am so thankful that you are now on the road to recovery. Please keep us posted and take care!

LaDonna
(love the red socks!)

Linda said...

I've also been out of touch lately. I'm so glad the worst is behind you. When you look down at your red socks, just think of how much God loves you!

Laura said...

Praise the Lord! Amen and Amen! We have been praying for you, Danielle...and are so happy to hear that things are going well. Rest...remember that God is in control.

Continuing to hold you up...
Laura

Love Of Quilts said...

I am so glad to hear this news!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Danielle, You have been on my mind and heart. I apologize for not checking in sooner. I've thought of you often. So glad your surgery went so well! I hope that you are feeling better and are at home with your family. God is good! May you gain strength every day!
Hugs,
Tammy

Brandi said...

Hi Danielle! Just stopping by to say hi! I'm so glad to know that your surgery went well. I've been thinking about you lately. Take care and I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.