Thursday, October 1, 2009

Monthly Accounting: October

Alright so I've already confessed that I wasn't sewing much over the summer. (As in, if it it didn't need binding or a hanging sleeve for the show, I didn't even think about doing it.) So I have a few projects that are still in UFO status and a few more that I've started since the show ended:

Quilt tops that need basting, quilting and finishing:

Ramblin' Rose
Briners' Picnic
Ties That Bind


Quilt tops that need piecing:

Hunter's Star (A few blocks made, end size unknown)
Vanilla Quilt (Three blocks made, end size unknown)
Flowers (Piecing nearly finished, just three more sections to go)


Other projects:

Apron (pieces cut, but I need to transfer marks from pattern to fabric and do the sewing.)


Surrender:
I have given up on the applique center that I was making for last year's Piecemakers exchange quilt. I was really unhappy with how it was turning out, and every time I picked it up I told everyone who was within earshot, "I hate this piece". It was time to let it go. So I'd like to work out some other arrangment of the blocks and move on, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

2 comments:

kat said...

Briners' Picnic? Do tell! :)

Danielle said...

The Briner's Picnic is a quilt made from blocks I received in an exchange among the briners who quilt. I'll post pics on the board and here if I can get that piece finished!