Monday, April 30, 2012

Sew-in Day for (most of the) Mavens

Fabric for spool blocks exchange
Before Mavens got together today I grabbed these fabrics and started cutting them for the blocks that the Piecemakers are making for our annual exchange.  This is what I was looking at when the Piecemakers walked in through the front door.  I thought we were all working on our blocks for this exchange, but Jan was done with hers already which was no surprise, Stella was working on her hand sewing project, and Melinda was working on a project that is due this week.   Somehow I failed to take a picture of Jan's work which was cutting for a quilt she's working on in teal and orange.   The spool block exchange is going to be pretty cool.  I got 12 of them done today, I need to finish another five I'm pretty sure I'm in good shape at this point.  :)  We missed you Lynda!


Stella giving another block of hand stitching.
The spool blocks I got finished
Melinda's exchange project due this week

No comments: