Thursday, February 17, 2011

Easy "Mexican" Chicken Soup

I don't have a picture to offer you, but I promise you this easy soup is both satisfying and good enough for company:

1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar salsa (I use Newman's Own "medium heat")
1 box of low sodium chicken broth

Garnish:
Shredded 4 cheese Mexican Blend
Sour Cream

Dump the first five ingredients into a pan and heat them up gently. Ladle into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with corn bread or tortilla chips.

If you can open a can, you can make this soup. I think I made it up in response to a five ingredient recipe challenge, but I really don't remember, it's been so long. I made it a lot when I was pregnant and it has been a staple in our house ever since.

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

It sure sounds tasty. Trish