Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quilts I Dream of Making


There is, somewhere in the neural pathways of my brain, a collection of quilts yet to be born. Some of them are thoughts, well conceived and just waiting for the breath of inspiration to get underway. Others are just "tho.....". Ideas or beginnings of ideas that have yet to come together fully. Here are some of the quilts I want to make someday, some of these have been on my wishlist for many, many years. The last one is a obviously a very recent add.

  • Bear Paw quilt, preferably in greens and purples
  • Amish Diamond quilt (My quilting is going to have to improve dramatically) for me to want to do this)
  • Feathered Star Medallion quilt
  • a portrait quilt (I have a picture of Melinda and myself that really speaks to me, but there are others, too)
  • French Braid
  • Pickle Dish (I've included a picture of a beautiful one from Show & Tell at the ECQG meeting last week.)
  • Double Wedding Ring
  • Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll (Have you seen these yet? Bonnie Hunter's mystery project that began last year is starting to bear beautiful fruit all over the blog world.)

I'm sure there are more wishful thinking items buried deep in the cortex of my mind and they'll come to surface as soon as I hit the "publish" button.

No comments: